Thursday, May 26, 2011

Brief encounter

Walking home from the nightclub

I had a brief encounter

We stumbled into each other

Actions induced by alcohol

But maybe also something else

The world around me dissolved

Into a busy, unimportant effervescence

Like I had jumped under a waterfall

Or was standing on a Disprin,

although that would be weird.

We spoke only briefly

Skipped the trivialities and got down to the deep stuff

Immediate connectivity of the soul

The alcohol had cleansed us of our social mask, our makeup

Our primordial, innocent, souls exposed

Philosophical receptors perfectly aligned

Catalysing our thoughts

Perfectly matched receptors

We spoke of death and stuff

Maybe it didn’t matter what we had spoke of

Alas, her friend then shouted that a taxi

Or Supermacs burger

Or some other banality was waiting

There’s always one of those friends

Spiteful, jealous, vigilante

My brief encounter had to leave then

Though She didn’t want to

And my friends were too getting restless

The effervescence faded

She walked away politely

But turned back

Her lovely eyes, expressionfull.

With many good emotions.

I was happy enough then.

So many brief encounters in this life

Some matter, most don’t

For some, even lifelong bonds

Might not capture what I felt, or at least think I did,

in that short instant

Quality, not quantity.

04.01.08

No comments:

Post a Comment