Thursday, May 26, 2011

Memory

Just in the door

from a quick run – very enjoyable.

There’s a storm system in Boston tonight:

Quiet, heavy rain, but no wind

Half home, but good enough

Really brings that inner calm

I love staring at the weather at night

Immersing myself in that dark, natural, beauty

Especially when it’s dark, and rainy.

I remember doing this as a child

I would turn off the light, but

Instead of going straight to bed,

I would stumble to the window.

The curtains wrapped around my head, and

With only my head sticking out behind the glass,

I would stare out at the night

I would pick a word to describe the night

Nearly as a person – restless, calm, angry, peaceful

That was all.

When the task was done, I would go to bed

I was allowed to sleep now

I could rest because I had connected with Her

I had preoccupied myself with a human day,

but I had not forgotten to connect

Just a memory, one of many

But I’m glad they all happened, happen

Pity, I sometimes forget those old tools that I had

07.11.10

No comments:

Post a Comment