The song by Orbital, ‘Satan’,
once told me that it is better to regret something
you have done, than something you haven’t
I’m not so sure.
No news is good news, it is said
Is it?
In one, you create a memory
In the other, the memory, the news, is created
I don’t trust the memories I create
Better to let something else do that
The memories I create
With my mind that whispers in Chinese
As it feeds the memories.
Instead of just singing
Watering the truth
Yesterday, I came across a zygotic memory
From a brief and meaningless encounter
It could have been born into
A healthy memory
But I chose to abort it
It didn’t feel right, not the right time
The seed of thought was corrupt, a mutant
Created in skewed and shameful darkness
I knew, that as the memory would grow
So too would the corruption
Infect my life
Bully the other memories
That memory was to be a baaad one
A black sheep that would haunt my dreams
Better to let the nicer ones through
Though I cannot conceive how, now.
03.01.08
No comments:
Post a Comment