He is one of those people
Those serious people
With DEEP problems
With PROBING questions
About life, about death,
and sometimes…
….about normal stuff too, like who won the football match yesterday.
(Who cares?(....for all the above))
Yes, one of those weirdos
Though he hides it well
Coming across reasonably normal;
funny, a bit goofy, but always intelligent
Girls like that.
They like when you engage with them
Not being sexist, but boys know better.
Is it what you say that counts, or how you say it?
Does it really matter –
that I understand how reactive oxygen species damage my DNA as I age?
In what sense does it
make sense to say; “space is expanding faster than the speed of light”?
Is 90% of communication really non-verbal?
I should talk less and move more.
And when he engages with them, he engages their interest
and they easily begin to like him
he is actually a nice guy, how rare!
A nice, intelligent guy, who always texts back
And puts smiley faces into the texts
And who likes to cuddle and stuff
And is attentive, and caring,
And a big sap
And by being all those things,
I’ll tell you what he really is;
lonely, confused, pseudo-intellectual
Not enough intellectual capacity to understand,
or to understand not to bother understanding
Not enough emotional capacity to lose himself in a life with another
a nice, happy life, with 2.4 or so kids.
A mixed bag that looks good on paper, but doesn’t really cut it
- like an Alpha Romeo, or something.
That is he
he is me
(…as the “mistake” on line 22 has already suggested…go on, count the lines…it makes the poem last longer…see, I am funny! (Not.))
should he reveal his true self?
Thus freeing himself from the constraints of his limitations? (Did he just do that?)
Get on(e) with it.
…would you?
…do you?
21.05.07
No comments:
Post a Comment