Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Kiss

Sitting in traffic

And cursing the city

My eye did wander

caught sight of some beauty

Beauty that I had not seen before

On the steps of an old building door

She was gentle, but looked distressed

He was kind – held her to his chest

I saw their eyes, that private stare

And I felt honoured to be there

She drew closer

And with a perfect pace,

Neared his handsome, rugged face

They Kissed

I could not turn away,

From this, the perfect kiss

pity filled my thoughts

No one should live like this

they did not have a home

Each other, all they had

Homeless on Dublin’s streets

I felt angry and sad

But then I thought on my life

The life that has me fettered

In work, in greed, in strife

Is my life any better?

12.07.03

No comments:

Post a Comment