Thursday, May 26, 2011

Power cut

Power cut, on the warmest day of the year.

Greedy, selfish air-conditioners must have done the damage

On ruthless quests to please their owners

So I sit by candlelight, like my ancestors… but with laptop between candles

I went outside to cool off, but it was warmer there. People -

sat in their idling, whining, cars; last refuge of forced communality

For survival , indeed

No TV’s to escape into anymore…but at least a radio if that were needed

I have no cigarettes, but at least a cigar

It burns too long though and

the extra heat on my lips as I ponder

precipates some thoughts, but mainly sweat

The candles burn hotter and brighter than ever now

The laptop fan kicks in,

The sweat , the dirty silence

The clammy stinking heat

But wait! The happy fridge! Ignorant, slow to respond

Set in its frigid ways.

My rigid friend.

You still have cold beer!

Good.

06.07.10

No comments:

Post a Comment